Monday, July 25, 2005

RS here. A little information about Nancy Dawson.

Cheoy Lee Clipper 42, built in Hong Kong 1970
Designed by A.E. Luders
LOD 42' 05"
LOA 50'
LWL 30'
Beam 12' 1"
Draft 5' 9"
Displacement 24,500 lb.
Sail Area approx. 1000 sq. ft.
Power 56 HP Yanmar, new 2004
Fuel 75 Gal.
Water 125 Gal.

This photo was taken on launch day last week, and spars will be stepped next week. All standing and running rigging is being renewed with new sails due 1st week in August. In fact virtually all systems have been, or are in the process of being replaced. I've been working steadily on it for the past 18 months, and the end is in sight, although at times somewhat dim. I'm just completing joiner work on interior renos, then onto some major rewiring and electronic installation. I'll update as progress is made, and eventually hope to find time for a detailed description of all modifications for those of you who may be interested.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cracker Joe said...

Thanks for your posting. I'm searching for information on the Luders 30. I found one in really rough shape and am trying to decide if I should take on the project. I see you spent 18mos. and I was thinking 24. Your boat is beautiful, hope she turned out as nice down below.

5:20 PM  
Blogger .. said...

Hi Nancy!
Are you planning to come to Argentina?? I´ve got an apartment for students www.casadelabasto.blogspot.com

Miriam from Buenos Aires, Argentina

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Counter