Friday, October 12, 2007

Farewell to Nova Scotia. Farewell to Canada, come to think of it. The biggest drawback to this life is all the upheaval, all the goodbyes, all the bloody packing. If real sailors (Randy, in the olden days) spend 20 minutes jamming their stuff in a sea bag and then stroll out the door whistling with nary a backward glance, then I'm not a real sailor by a long shot. We had an eventful summer -- selling the house, moving to Port Maitland, and just a couple of days ago, my daughter Anna and her Andy got engaged! (email me for details!) We're thrilled for them. Wedding's not until 2009, so I don't have to get cranked up about that just yet.

We're flying back to Antigua tomorrow morning. I'll do a proper update when I get a chance to catch my breath -- probably after we get the boat in the water. Before then, we've got to sort out all the crap we jammed down below when we left, get the bottom painted, get the masts varnished, get all the systems up and running again, etc, etc. Cross your fingers that everything is hunky dory with Nancy Dawson in Jolly Harbour. See below for more photos of NS and Toronto - we had a visit with Sharon and Andrew from Paragon, and Kim and David from Amanzi too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Counter