Saturday, October 29, 2011

Randy's just managed a successful wrassle with a jug knot - the rum bottle will be an authentic accoutrement to his pirate costume for tonight's party in Lake Annis. I've just made the traditional Hallowe'en macaroni and cheese, and wishing the kids were here to scarf it back before they leave for trick-or-treating. But Anna's going dancing in Toronto, and who knows what wickedness Tom will get up to in Small Town Alberta and Ian in the Excited States... There's no young people in Lake Annis, so we're not expecting any knocks on the door on the 31st. I think I might just be the youngest person in the village at this time of year. I could egg a few houses, but that would involve staying up past my bedtime.

It's a good thing that there's still lots going on, because there's ongoing high levels of angst. Another couple going to see the boat this weekend, and more enquiries coming in by email. This should be cheering, and it is, but it's hard to hold your breath and get much done in a day. Someone in Spain checks the boat page every day! Hello to you, senor! And in Germany, and Panama. They are all waiting for the SOLD sign to show up? And I still struggle with the impulse to pack useful things in duffle bags - the habit of leaving is hard to break.


There's been a bit more snow. Too bad new snow tires never show up at Frenchy's. But the woodstove is glorious, and by the time I get up in the morning and have a cup of tea, I'm rethinking the monster polarfleece robe. We'll get better at regulating temperature, but sometimes we have to open the door and go out on the deck for some air. Then the bluejays scream at us: "More damn sunflower seeds, you sweaty old bat!" They are such pigs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet and the Mister said...

Who knew bluejays were such pigs. And I don't even want to talk about snow. It snowed all day here and it put the kibosh on my sipping coffee while reading in the sun plans. Bugger.

Maybe I'll go bake a cake...in a medium blow. :-)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Unseasonably mild in England - I'm prying for a cold snap so we can light our new log burner. Fingers crossed for ND.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Counter