Monday, August 22, 2005

Single digit countdown to the end of the month and moving day.

Why, when one is up to one's ears in chaos, does one attempt complicated recipes? I have a few minutes while the filling for my first attempt at Jamaican patties does its thing, so here's the update. I may not be fit to write once I start messing with the pastry.

Boat work has stepped up, but the steps go two forward, one back. Likewise for the packing at the house. Tom cleaned the water tank a few days ago (cleaned to the lads' satisfaction - they wouldn't let me look), and when they proceeded to fill it, it leaked. So every day has ended with another application of epoxy, which is, I'm told, a bit of a gymnastic sort of exercise. Randy is black and blue, again, and every morning there's further frustration as they start to fill the tank, only to have it leak again. I'll keep you posted on their progress. They continue to paint and make sawdust in the meantime, so all is not lost.

Here on the home front, at least two rooms have a satisfying echo of emptiness. The Last Yard Sale (never again) netted about $350, and I promptly spent about half of it on groceries, rum and wine to celebrate. The rest of the crap was, yes, swept off to charity this morning, and I'm damn glad to see the back of it. I blame Christmas. We have given it up, ergo, no more yard sales after this. I even took all the snerds of wrapping paper and ribbon to the Sally Ann. What a relief.

No photos today. Tried to transfer ITunes from the computer to the laptop yesterday, and the laptop is pooched. The instructions on the web were, um, lacking in detail. Tom told me that I was too grumpy to do it, and I should have listened. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I can't move any more furniture and boxes into the basement, because Irving is coming to install a new furnace, water heater, and chimney liner tomorrow. As I mentioned, one step forward, two back (the backwards steps always lead to the bank).

Wish me luck with the Jamaican patties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Counter