Saturday, May 15, 2010

This is what we did last weekend - drove to town with friends for a couple of beers at the Backyard. Saturday afternoon again (and my back is feeling much better - I'm really too brittle to drive that far in the back of a truck), and we're hanging about getting ready to haul on Wednesday morning.

This is the in-between time, transition time, when, if you have energy and motivation, you clear out drawers, varnish obscure bits and bobs, sort, organize, disinfect, tidy, morning til night, and then when haul day dawns, you've nothing to do but shinny up the mast, disconnect the triatic stay, pop the masts out, and pass the brownies around to the guys in the boatyard.

If you find energy and motivation lacking, you spend these days procrastinating, you read the tackier books that have been languishing, you eat the stale cookies, you sigh and check your facebook again.

Yesterday, I'm thinking, it's time for a "me" day. I had a shower ashore at the marina on Wednesday, went to the dentist on Thursday, and now, a bit more personal maintenance. Ha. Michelle and I had a drink yesterday, and had a good laugh about what constitutes a "spa" day for cruising women.

Thought I'd redo the polish on my toes - aha, pedicure, you're thinking - soaking my feet was accomplished while I bailed the rainwater out of the rowboat. I'd maybe been thinking of a yoghurt facial if that last tub of plain yoghurt wasn't green and furry, but it was gone, so Randy ate it or threw it out. I didn't ask, because I didn't want to know. My only alternative for a real treat was another shower ashore at the marina. My hair fluffs (fries) dry on the way back in the dinghy. I look like one of those women that people murmur about ....she's let herself "go.'"

I have been clearing things up and cleaning things out and chucking (and eating stale cookies). Can't wait to haul the boat and get to the villa and re-aquaint myself with my blowdryer and the washing machine. The laundry hamper is starting to talk back.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Counter