Thursday, April 21, 2011


25 feet of water...I saw a nurse shark and several reef sharks, and that's just when I was looking.

Current cut. We boogied through there so fast it was scary, about 8-9 knots, but then we squirted out the other side and went back to normal.

Terrific library in Governors Harbour. We left a big bag of books there.

Bikes for the Ride for Hope

Excellent volunteer bike mechanics

He was preparing 170 conchs for conch salad for Saturday night. He called Michelle and I "baby."

The Final Fish. Cero mackeral. It was a brilliant wee meal.

We passed dozens and dozens of man-o-war jellyfish.

Celebratory drinks in Alans-Pepsicola...

Michelle tells us that we have 1,650 miles under the keel this season. We believe, and celebrate. No gargling with salt water necessary.

Marsh Harbour. An afternoon ashore, and someone else cooked dinner.

Sights in M.H. Lemon shark and tiger shark.

Weather. It expanded and ate the sky, and then it got dark and we didn't worry about it.

Trio con brio

Bones on the beach. I'm thinking pilot whale?

I have great respect for Dave's collecting instincts.

My one last Bahamas shell. Looks a lot like what I have in my pocket after a walk on Port Maitland beach.

Great Sail Cay. One last quiet anchorage.

Florida. I don't understand it either, but it doesn't give me confidence.

Ospreys everywhere. Also ibis, vultures, great blue herons, birds everywhere.

New sacrificial dinghy fish.

After six years of cruising, this is possibly the most unfortunate looking boat we ever ever saw. And that's saying something. Is it mac-tac?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Counter