Sunday, May 01, 2011

You've gotta love how your computer knows where you are, and knows to provide you with ads from local businesses. This photo greeted me in my hotmail, urging me to click and get a coupon so I can eat at a local restaurant in Green Cove Springs. Whoooo, daddy. Get me some a that....food? Looks like they're preparing for a Klingon feast.

We are eating up canned goods and fridge goods as fast as we can before haulout. (So no restaurant trips, even though we've got a car.) I bought way too much emergency food for the Bahamas that we didn'ttouch. Canned carrots are to be avoided at any time, and three bean salad sounded like a good idea at the time. UHT milk, saltines, beans, just too much stuff. All going to the nice people who hang out in the boatyard at Green Cove Springs.


There's a table in the laundryroom for things you want to give away, and I've been in everyday with loads of stuff. I think people dash in once I exit to see what weird stuff I've dug up. They take it all though. I figure if we once thought it might be useful on a boat, they probably have the same outlook, and when they sell their boats, they'll make the return trip to the "free stuff" table.


We're running out of time, and we're running out of steam. Varnish had to wait until today, when the plague of bugs finally, mostly blew away. They were all over everything for about three days. Not biting, but they left little greeny-blue spots of bug-poop all over the boat.
There's satisfaction in noting that it's the last time we have to do all sorts of tiresome jobs. The car is going to be very, very full of our boating life stuff, in spite of the giant giveaway, and the logistics of getting the rowboat on the roof of the car ... well, there are many things that keep us awake at 2 am. We just want to be done and on the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Counter